GEAR TO TAKE ON A TRIP
• Good back pack of adequate capacity
• Waterproof liner/dry bags for inside the pack, or pack cover
• Boots or strong shoes adequate for the terrain
• Walking clothes - shorts and top (quick dry and not cotton. No jeans)
• Fleece or woollen/merino jersey
• Wind and waterproof raincoat or parka.
• Sunhat and sunblock
• Warm hat or balaclava
• Gloves or mittens
• Food and snacks for the day
• Water, contained in bottles or water bladder
• First Aid Kit and personal medication
• Walking pole/s
• Toilet paper and hand sanitiser
• Survival kit - to include: whistle, survival bag or blanket, waterproof matches, torch and spare batteries, notepad and pencil.
• Clean footwear to wear in the car on the way home, and a bag for your dirty boots
• All the above, plus:
• Change of dry clothing including socks
• Tent or fly (unless it is a bookable hut)
• Sleeping bag and sleeping bag liner
• Camping mat or lightweight air mattress
• Sufficient food for the trip plus a day's emergency rations
• Cooker and gas canister
• Billy/pot, plate, cup, eating utensils
• Toiletry necessities
Note: The club has two tents for hire. There is a one-man tent (orange) weighing 1.35kg. The two-man tent (green) is about 2-2.5kg and can be used for car-camping or split across two people when tramping.
Cost per tent is $10 per club trip. Private trips by negotiation.
Contact Maria for details about the tents, and to book them click